Skip to content
Email Us
South Cadbury and Sutton Montis Parish Council

Essential info about the PCC and future elections

Which forms of ID can I use to vote?

You may already have a form of photo ID that is acceptable. You can use any of the following:


Driving licence (including provisional license)

Blue badge

Certain concessionary travel cards

Identity card with PASS mark (Proof of Age Standards Scheme)

Biometric Immigration document

Defence identity card

Certain national identity cards

You'll only need to show one form of photo ID, but it needs to be the original version and not a photocopy. The name on your ID must be the same name you used to register to vote.

For more information, including the full list of accepted forms of photo ID, visit the Electoral Commission's Voter ID webpage or call their helpline on 0800 328 0280.

If you haven’t got an accepted form of photo ID

If you haven't already got an accepted form of photo ID, or you’re not sure whether your photo ID still looks like you, you can apply for a free voter ID document, known as a Voter Authority Certificate.

Alternatively, you can complete a paper application form and send this to your local Electoral Registration Officer.

The deadline to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate to use at the PCC elections on 2 May is 5pm, Wednesday 24 April.

If you need any help with applying for a Voter Authority Certificate or want to request an application form, contact your local Electoral Registration Officer. You can find their contact details by entering your postcode into the search bar on the Electoral Commission’s Voting and elections webpage.

Essential information

26th March 2024